mera yuva bharat upsc:After the passage of the women’s reservation Bill last month, the government has launched an initiative to tap into a big constituency—the 40-crore youth population—ahead of the Lok Sabha elections. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s cabinet on Wednesday approved the establishment of an autonomous body called Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) for “youth-led development and to provide equitable access to the youth”.
The Central Government on October 11 approved the setting up of Mera Yuva (MY) Bharat, an autonomous body, which will focus on leveraging youths’ contributions in India’s journey to transform it into Viksit Bharat (Developed India). Through MY Bharat, the government strives to instil a sense of duty, discipline, and service in Indian youth or the young diaspora of the country living outside.
Mera Yuva Bharat Scheme
Union Minister for Youth Development Anurag Thakur on Wednesday took to X to showcase the salient feature of the said body. He emphasised the huge potential of the ‘demographic dividend’ that the country presently boasts of.Announcing that the country has 40 crore people in the age group of 15-29 years, Anurag Thakur, Union minister for youth affairs and sports, and information and broadcasting, said the primary objective of MY Bharat is to become an overarching platform for youth development. The MY Bharat portal will be unveiled on October 31 to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, he said.
He also underscored the overarching functions of the body. “This body will act as a bridge between the government & the citizens and promote the values of discipline, responsibilities & service. Through these combined efforts, we are surely going to achieve the goal of #AtmaNirbhar Bharat and make Bharat a developed nation by 2047,” Thakur added.
Highlights of MY Bharat:
Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat), an autonomous body will benefit the youth in the age group of 15-29 years, in line with the definition of ‘Youth’ in the National Youth Policy. In the case of programme components specifically meant for adolescents, the beneficiaries will be in the age group of 10-19 years.
- It is an autonomous body will benefit the youth in the age group of 15-29 years, in line with the definition of ‘Youth’ in the National Youth Policy.
- In case of programme components specifically meant for the adolescents, the beneficiaries will be in the age group of 10-19 years.
- It will help in Setting the focus of the Government on Youth Led development and to make the Youth “active drivers” of development and not merely “passive recipients”.
- It will be launched on 31st October, 2023 on National Unity Day.
Read More-पीएम यशस्वी छात्रवृत्ति योजना 2023
What is the Mera Yuva Bharat body and how it will work: All you need to know
- The main objective of the initiative is to provide an inclusive platform to the youth encompassing all the resources and opportunities from the government for India’s development. It seeks to harness the immense youth energy for nation-building.
- Youths in the age group of 15-29 years will be the beneficiaries of the initiative according to the National Youth Policy. However, the age bracket will change to 10-19 years in case a programme is meant for adolescents.
- With Mera Yuva Bharat, the government aims to improve leadership skills through experiential learning and shifting physical interactions to programmatic skills.
- The youth will be invested in to turn them into social innovators and community leaders under the government’s focus on youth-led development and to make them “active drivers” of development.
- Other working features of the initiative include creating awareness so the participants’ aspirations can be better aligned with the community’s needs.
- It will be a one-stop shop for the participants to connect with ministries without any hassle. It will also create a centralised database of the country’s youth.
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur said a target of collecting 75 lakh kilograms of plastic waste was set under the Swachh Bharat initiative but the youth overachieved it by gathering 100 lakh kilograms of the waste following which the idea to set up a digital platform for the youth was floated which will prove crucial in India’s development and self-dependency.
How to Apply Mera Yuva Bharat Scheme Registration 2023
- You will first have to visit the official website
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to now click on the option called Mera Yuva Bharat Scheme
- The registration form will open on your screen.
- Enter all of the information related to yourself and now you can register for the scheme.
- Upload all of the documents to register yourself and get the benefits.