samarth portal login|Assam Admission Samarth ac in|Assam State Higher Education Portal:The Government of Assam has launched a universal online admission site called SAMARTH in an effort to simplify the admission process for Undergraduate Programmes in all Higher Education Institutes of Assam. According to Assam’s New Education Policy 2020, SAMARTH Admission Portal would make it easier to submit applications for admission to BA, BCom, BSc, and other programs online.
The Education Department of Assam has released a new portal called Samarth e-gov Suit for UG/TDC Admission in all colleges of Assam. Students now can fill out combined applications for admission to any college. You can apply to any college using one application form for any courses of BA. BSc and BCom. This is a great initiative for Under Graduate Online Admission. We have given the steps for form fill up for Assam College Admission.
The National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology NMEICT-II (now NMEICT-III) launched the “Samarth” initiative by the Ministry of Education in 2019, with the goal of enabling universities and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) through a digital framework for planning, managing, delivering, and monitoring of services for students, staff, and other stakeholders. As part of the project, HEIs are given access to a comprehensive ERP that is fully managed, cloud-based, and designed specifically for HEIs in the nation.
The SAMARTH Admission Portal, launched by the Education Minister of Assam on June 14, 2023, is an innovative initiative by the Directorate of Higher Education, Assam. SAMARTH serves as a comprehensive online platform for undergraduate course admissions in Assam. It provides students with a centralized application system, streamlining the process and making it more accessible.
SAMARTH Admission Portal caters to a wide range of undergraduate courses, including BA, BCom, BSc, and many others. Through this portal, prospective students can conveniently submit their applications for admission, saving time and effort. This digital solution enhances the efficiency and effectiveness of the admission process, ensuring a smoother experience for both students and educational institutions.
Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal Details in Highlights
|Name of portal:
|SAMARTH Admission Portal
|Date of launch of the portal:
|14th June 2023, 6 PM
|Name of course:
|Four Year Under Graduate Programme (FYUGP)
|Duration of course:
|Name of department:
|Directorate of Higher Education, Assam
Objective of SAMARTH Admission Portal
Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal is an integrated admissions portal that allows students to apply for admission to the desired course and institution at all government- and privately-funded colleges and universities in Assam. Students would no longer need to travel from location to location to submit their admission forms.
Assam Fee Waiver Scheme
It’s important to note that the well-known fee waiver scheme offered by the Government of Assam will be exclusively available to students who apply for admissions through the SAMARTH Admission Portal. According to the official notification, the Assam Government’s fee waiver scheme will be linked to SAMARTH. Therefore, eligible students can avail the fee waiver only by applying through the SAMARTH platform. We encourage all students to utilize the SAMARTH online admission portal for admissions to various colleges and universities in Assam.
This Scheme is framed in order to provide free access to every SC/ST student, to the institutions of higher learning. It shall be the endeavour of the Government to see that no eligible SC/ST students are deprived of higher education for want of resources.
fee waiver scheme of assam govt
The Assam Government introduced the Fee Waiver Scheme to help students pursue their higher education. The students taking admissions to the specified institutions do not have to pay the tuition fees under this scheme. Thus, students can get free admission to the applicable degree and postgraduate courses in the specified institutions in Assam.
Eligibility of Fee Waiver Scheme
- The parents’ annual income of the students must be less than Rs.2 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Students should be admitted as regular students having a minimum of 75% attendance in class with no back paper in the previous examination.
- Students whose parents (mother or father) work in central government, state government, semi-government, state or central government undertakings are not eligible for this scheme.
Courses Covered Under Fee Waiver Scheme
This scheme applies to students taking admission in the below courses:
- H.S. (Higher Secondary)
- B.A. (Bachelor of Arts)
- B.Sc (Bachelor of Science)
- B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- M.A. (Master of Arts)
- M.Sc (Master of Science)
- M.Com (Master of Commerce)
Applicability of Fee Waiver Scheme
This scheme applies to all provincialised and government colleges. The institutes where this scheme is implemented are as follows:
- Gauhati University, Guwahati
- Bodoland University, Kokrajhar
- Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
- Cotton University, Guwahati
- Bhattadev University, Bajali
- Women’s University, Jorhat
- Rabindranath Tagore University, Hojai
- Majuli University of Culture, Majuli
- Madhabdev University, Lakhimpur
- Sati Sadhini Raijyik Viswavidyalaya
- Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit and Ancient Studies University, Nalbari
Students taking admission to self-financing courses are not eligible to get the benefit provided under this scheme. This scheme will also not cover central universities, private universities and private colleges situated in Assam.
SAMARTH Admission Portal Benefits
Both students and institutions will gain a lot from using the SAMARTH Admission Portal. Here are some of those advantages.
- Students won’t have to deal with the inconveniences of submitting separate applications to several universities.
- Admission overlap shall be prevented.
- Reduce the costs associated with maintaining the ERP system at the institutional level for colleges and universities.
- There are no issues with the digital platform’s upkeep and no costs incurred by the college while using the digital platform.
- SAMARTH will be connected to the Assam government’s fee waiver program. In light of this, only students who apply using the SAMARTH platform will be eligible for fee waivers for all worthy students.
List of Participating Universities
The universities and independent institutions in Assam that took part in the SAMARTH Online Admission process will be listed in this section.
- Assam Science and Technology University
- Bhattadev University
- Bodoland University
- Dibrugarh University
- Gauhati University
- Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit and Ancient Studies University
- Madhabdev University
- Majuli University of Culture
- Rabindranath Tagore University
- Arya Vidyapeeth College (Autonomous)
- Furkating College (Autonomous)
- Jagannath Barooah College (Autonomous)
- North Lakhimpur College (Autonomous)
- Nowgong College (Autonomous)
- Sibsagar College Joysagar (Autonomous)
Documents Needed for Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal
Students need to upload the following documents in desired formats as well as sizes to complete their application process.
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- HSLC/ Equivalent Registration Certificate
- HSLC/ Equivalent Admit Card
- HSLC/ Equivalent Marksheet
- HSLC/ Equivalent Pass Certificate
- HS/ Equivalent Registration Certificate
- HS/ Equivalent Marksheet
- HS/ Equivalent Pass Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate (As Applicable)
- Disability Certificate (As Applicable)
- TGL or Ex-TGL Certificate (As Applicable)
How can I Apply for admission to an Assam College via SAMARTH Admission Portal?
The Assam government has ended the previous UG admissions method as of the current academic year. All students who passed the Higher Secondary final exam must now apply online for Bachelor’s degree programs through the Samarth Portal.
After completing the online application procedure, students can accept admission at the college of their choice based on a merit list. The following provides more details about the Samarth Online Admission Process.
- Go to the official website of the Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal.
- Click on the New registration option if you are not already registered.
- Enter the registration details and get yourself registered successfully.
- Open the link to the online application form.
- Register yourself by providing your contact information.
- After that, enter all the necessary personal and academic data.
- Upload your academic records and any other necessary documents.
- Complete the form and submit it. There will be a receipt for recognition created.
- Print out the completed form and the acknowledgment copy as well.