Right to Repair Portal;Right to Repair Portal Online Complaint Registration;On the ‘right to repair’ portal, manufacturers will share the manual of product details with customers so that they can either repair by self, by third parties, rather than depend on original manufacturers. Initially, mobile phones, electronic, consumer durables, automobile and farming equipment will be covered.On the ‘right to repair’ portal, manufacturers will share the manual of product details with customers so that they can either repair by self, by third parties, rather than depend on original manufacturers.
Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday launched a host of new initiatives, including the right-to-repair portal and an NTH mobile app, and opened new premises of the National Consumer Helpline centre in the national capital.A memorandum of understanding was also signed between the Consumer Affairs Department and IIT (BHU), Varanasi as well launched a capacity building programme of consumer commissions.
What is ‘right to repair’ portal?
On the ‘right to repair’ portal, manufacturers will share the manual of product details with customers so that they can either repair by self, by third parties, rather than depend on original manufacturers. Initially, mobile phones, electronic, consumer durables, automobile and farming equipment will be covered.
“Initial Framework of Right to Repair covers Mobile Phones/Tablets, Consumer Durables and Electronics, Automobiles and Farming Equipment,” the message on the website reads.
Right to Repair Portal
|Name||Right to Repair Portal|
|Launched by||The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution, Government of India|
|Objective||To file an online complaint|
Also Read-Char Dham Yatra Registration
Right to Repair Portal Objective
The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution developed this webpage as part of its efforts to safeguard consumers and offer a quick and effective method for resolving complaints. It is now simpler than ever for Indian citizens to raise complaints and get a resolution for defective or malfunctioning products due to the portal’s introduction.
Also Read-Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana
Features and Benefits of Right to Repair Portal
Some of the key features and benefits of the portal are as follows:
- An online platform called the Right to Repair portal was introduced by the Indian government to make product maintenance and repair easier.
- With the help of this portal, users will have a simpler and more practical approach to fixing their products.
- Customers can access a variety of services through this site, including product repair and maintenance, replacement parts, and warranty information.
- It offers details on the list of services provided by authorized service providers, details on product warranties, and contact information for repair service providers.
- Customers can access information about product maintenance and repair on the portal.
- Customers will benefit from this platform by having their products serviced quickly.
- Customers can lodge complaints on the portal regarding product repairs, which will aid in enhancing the services provided by the service providers.
- Customers can follow the progress of the repairs and receive updates thanks to these capabilities.
- Customers can view the status of the repair job on the Right to Repair portal.
- This makes it easier for clients to monitor the repair and upkeep process and guarantees that their devices receive fast repairs.
Right to Repair Portal Online Complaint Registration @ righttorepairindia.in
Step 1: Go to this site – https://www.righttorepairindia.in/home
Step 2: Enter brand or product name in the space mentioned OR scroll below to find names of various products, such as mobiles, Audio, Microwave ovens etc. Click on the type of product you want to repair. (OR you can search products brand-wise also.)
Step 3: On the left, you’ll find a section “Find Consumer Brand”. Enter sub category and sub group. Click on search.
Here you’ll find all the customer service details of the brand, including product manual.
What is right to repair in India?
The term “right to repair” refers to legislation that would enable consumers to independently repair and modify their own consumer goods (such as electronic, automotive, or farm machinery like tractors) where the manufacturers of such products would otherwise require the consumer to use only their offered services
What is right to repair times of India?
The rationale behind the Right to Repair is that when we buy a product, it is inherent that we must own it completely for which the consumers should be able to repair and modify the product with ease and at reasonable cost, without being captive to the whims of manufacturers for repairs
What is right repair rule?
The right to repair refers to proposed government legislation to forbid manufacturers to impose barriers that deny consumers the ability to repair and modify their own consumer products (e.g. electronic, automotive devices or farm vehicles such as tractors).