TAFCOP Portal Login;tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in:For all Indians, an Aadhaar card is a crucial piece of identification. Everywhere, from opening a bank account to getting a home WiFi connection, requires an Aadhaar card. You can use your Aadhaar card across numerous platforms. Many people have access to your card, intentionally or unintentionally. It is possible that someone is misusing your Aadhaar card. One place where your Aadhaar can be misused is obtaining a SIM card.
It is possible in some cases, the identification you provided to take your SIM card might be used by some fraudsters to get a new SIM card issued in your name. For example, if an individual or the company that has issued you the SIM, uses your Aadhaar card or any other identity document to issue another SIM in your name without your consent , then it is possible that someone else is using that number without your knowledge, and in some cases it can lead you in serious trouble.
To counter such malpractices, the government has developed a website to prevent such incidents from happening in the future and to allow users to check whether another user is using their SIM card or not.The existing rules allow individual mobile users to register up to nine mobile connections under their names. Read on to learn more about the TAFCOP Portal in detail, including its benefits, objectives, how to check a registered user’s online connection
TAF COP Portal
The practice of eKYC with fingerprint verification came along for getting a new SIM card, it was not very hard for frauds to get a SIM card issued in anyone’s name. In order to tighten the safety from identity theft, the Department of Telecommunication recently launched a portal where any Aadhaar holder can check SIM cards issued in their name. The portal is called Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP). By following a few simple steps, you can check the list of mobile numbers issued in your name.
The portal provides facilities to users by intimating subscribers about the number of connections they have. Users can visit the portal and report the numbers that are no longer used by them or are required. The telecom service providers will then block or deactivate the numbers.
Also Read-Right Repair Portal India
|Name of Portal||TAFCOP Portal|
|TAFCOP Full Form||Telecom Analytics For Fraud Management & Consumer Protection|
|TAFCOP Portal By||Department of Telecommunications|
|TAFCOP Benefits||Secure, Reliable Affordable, and High Quality Telecom Services|
|Portal For||Telecom Subscribers & TAFCOP Registered Connection|
|Must Check||TAFCOP Portal Login & TAFCOP Track Status|
|TAFCOP Official Website||tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in|
Also Read-Char Dham Yatra Registration
TAFCOP Portal Objective
This website was created to assist subscribers in determining the number of active mobile connections under their names and in taking the appropriate action to regularise any additional mobile connections they may have. Yet, it is the service providers that have the primary obligation for managing the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF).
Also Read-Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana
TAFCOP Portal features
There are many facilities provided through the TAFCOP portal to help subscribers manage and protect their mobile connections. Some of the key features are mentioned below.
- If a subscriber is having more than nine connections in his/her name, he/she will get an SMS through the portal. After getting the intimation of more than 9 connections through an SMS all subscribers can take the necessary action by logging in to the portal.
- Raise complaints: Subscribers can use the easy and convenient method to raise a complaint on the TAF-COP portal about any suspicious or fraudulent activity on their mobile connections. Subscribers can submit complaints online and track the status of their complaints. Once a subscriber sends a request online a “Ticket ID Ref No” will be generated which can be used to check the status.
- Subscribers can also check the status of the requests they have made after login in through the “request status” facility available on the portal. A “Ticket ID Ref No” will require for that.
- Sometimes people forget that they issued a mobile number a long time back that they are not using now so customers now get the facility to deactivate or block that number.
- Check currently active mobile numbers: Subscribers can log in to the TAF-COP portal and check how many mobile numbers are currently active and inactive.
Services Provided on TAFCOP Portal
- SMS notifications will be sent to customers or subscribers who have more than nine multiple connections.
- Get the Ticket ID Reference Number and Request Status.
- Checking the status requires logging in with a mobile number.
Procedure to Check Registered Online Connection on TAFCOP Portal
To check a registered online connection on TAFCOP Portal, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of TAFCOP i.e. https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Now, enter your mobile number
- After that, click on the Request OTP button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Now, enter the received OTP
- Now Enter the OTP received on your Mobile Number
- After that click on the Validate button
- After successful verification, the registered online connections will open on your screen
Is TAFCOP a government website?
TAFCOP Portal at tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in: Check Active Mobile Connections – TAFCOP is a portal run by the Government of India to control the issues of fraudulence through telecom services.
What is TAFCOP Portal?
The Telecom Analytics for Fraud management and Consumer Protection (TAF-COP) portal. Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has taken several measures to ensure proper allocation of telecom resources by Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) to subscribers and protect their interests in ensuring reduction of frauds.
Is Tafcop a Gov website?
TAFCOP Portal at tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in: Check Active Mobile Connections – TAFCOP is a portal run by the Government of India to control the issues of fraudulence through telecom services. TAFCOP stands for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection.