Points Table IPL 2023;ipl points table 2023 orange cap;The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in India, and one of the most-watched and celebrated sporting events in the country. One of the most popular aspects of the IPL is the points table, which provides a real-time update on the performance of the participating teams in the tournament.
The IPL points table is a crucial tool for fans, coaches, and players alike to track the progress of their favourite teams and assess their chances of making it to the playoffs.The 2023 edition of the Indian Premier League is currently undergoing its first leg where all the teams have at least played 2 games. In this phase of IPL, teams try to accumulate Net Run Rate, as high as possible.
Tata Ipl 2023 Points Table
For our readers, we are bringing the latest news of IPL matches. In this article, you will find the latest news regarding IPL 2023. But first, a word about IPL. The Indian Premier League (IPL) is also known as the TATA IPL for sponsorship reasons. This is an annual men’s Twenty20 cricket league hosted in India. There will be 10 teams from India’s cities and three states. The league was established in 2007 by the Board of Control for Cricket in India. Brijesh Patel is the IPL’s chairman.
And as for the latest news, Shikhar Dhawan’s Punjab Kings (PBKS) defeated Rajasthan Royals (RR) in the last over of the IPL 2023 to finish second in the points standings. Veteran opener Shikhar Dhawan produced superb innings to help Punjab Kings (PBKS) extend their undefeated record in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 on Wednesday, leading his team from the front in the high-scoring encounter against Rajasthan Royals (RR).
IPL 2023 Points Table
The IPL points table 2023 of today is given below:
|2||Lucknow Super Giants||3||2||1||0||0||4||1.358|
|4||Chennai Super Kings||3||2||1||0||0||4||0.356|
|6||Kolkata Knight Riders||2||1||1||0||0||2||2.056|
|7||Royal Challengers Bangalore||2||1||1||0||0||2||-1.256|
Read More-IPL Tickets Booking 2023
IPL Team Ranking Trivia and Facts
- As seen from the table above, with 4 points, Gujarat Titans (GT) is dominating the points table. GT jumped up to the first place after defeating Delhi Capitals (DC) in the recent match by 6 wickets and 11 balls left.
- Punjab Kings (PBKS) is occupying the second spot with four points. Though PBKS and GT have same points, the latter team is at the top because it has a higher net run rate.
- At the third place is Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) with the best net run rate as of now.
- It is worth mentioning that with this defeat, MI has created a record. MI has lost every single one of their first match of the season for the past 11 years.
- At the fourth spot is Rajasthan Royals (RR).
- Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) is at the fifth spot with 2 points.
IPL Points Table Rules:
- In the IPL, every team that wins a match is awarded two IPL team points, and the losing team gets zero. If a match results in a tie or gets abandoned for any reason, both teams get one point each.
- In the event that two teams have the same number of points, the team with more victories gets a higher rank. But if they have an equal number of victories, the IPL net run rate (NRR) determines the better team. The IPL NRR is calculated based on the winning or losing margin of a team in each game.
- In the playoffs, the winner of the first Qualifier goes directly to the championship round, while the losing team competes in Qualifier 2.
- The teams that finishes third and fourth play in the eliminator match, and the winner of that match moves on to Qualifier 2, while the losing team gets eliminated from the competition.
Read More-IPL 2023 Schedule PDF
Ipl 2023 orange cap
|11||Faf du Plessis||96||174||2||2||0||73||48||0||1||0||8|
IPL 2023 Purple Cap