india young professionals scheme visa ballot system apply;gov.uk youth mobility scheme india;India and the UK will launch the Young Professionals Scheme today which will allow degree-holding Indian nationals (between 18-30 years) to live and work in Britain for up to two years. According to an update shared by the British High Commission in India, Indian citizens between 18 and 30 years of age can enter the ballot if they meet other relevant criteria.
The Indian High Commission here opened its visa application process for UK nationals to apply for the new Young Professionals Scheme (YPS) on Tuesday, to coincide with the ballot opened by the British High Commission in New Delhi for Indian graduates.
Under the reciprocal scheme signed off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his British counterpart, Rishi Sunak, at the G20 summit in Indonesia last November, Indian and British nationals aged between 18 and 30 can apply to live and work in either country for a period of up to two years. There are certain set criteria for applicants applying for a visa under the scheme, including a graduate degree and sufficient funds to support their stay.
UK India Young Professionals Scheme
“Under the Young Professionals Scheme, announced about a month ago, young citizens of India and the UK can visit each other for up to two years at a time,” said Indian High Commissioner to the UK Vikram Doraiswami, announcing the scheme’s launch on Twitter.“I am pleased to be able to tell you that the scheme goes live from February 28. We will be launching this simultaneously in Delhi and in London, respectively for Indians to come to the UK and British citizens to go to India,” he said.
The Indian High Commission’s website has been updated with details for applicants, at a fee set at 720 pounds. The application is to be made under the E-1 Visa through the VFS Global visa service provider, indicating the purpose as “application under the India-UK YPS programme”.Each applicant would be required to show funds equivalent to INR 2,50,000 held for a minimum period of 30 days at the time of submission of the application.
According to the Indian High Commission website, successful applicants can undertake employment as an “incidental part” of their stay, with certain sectors not covered within the scheme – such as defence, telecom, space tech, strategic infrastructure projects, civil aviation, human rights, nuclear energy and environment-related projects. Those arriving in India on the new visa would also be required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office/Foreign Registration Office (FRRO/FRO).
UK India Young Professionals Scheme Highlights
|Name||UK India Young Professionals Scheme|
|Initiated by||British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak|
|Launched At||G20 conference in Bali on Wednesday|
|Beneficiaries||3,000 degree-holding Indians|
|Age Criteria||18 to 30 years|
Also Read-Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana
uk young professionals scheme
According to the scheme as mentioned on the UK government website, once reaching the UK, you can:
- Study – for some courses, you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
- Work in most jobs
- Be self-employed and set up a company – as long as your premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees
However, remember you cannot:
- Extend your stay
- Apply for most benefits (public funds)
- Include family members on your application – they must apply separately
- Work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach)
The ballot, which is free to enter online, opens at 2.30 pm IST on February 28 and closes at 2.29 pm IST on March 2.
However, you will be eligible to apply for a visa only when you are selected from among the ballot.
o fill out the ballot form, you need to provide details such as name, phone number, email address and date of birth. You will also have to share your passport details and a scanned image of your passport.
Once you have applied for the ballot, proven your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision within 2 weeks of the ballot closing.
Also Read-Char Dham Yatra Registration
Who can apply for the Young Professionals Scheme visas?
To be eligible for an India Young Professionals Scheme visa, you must:
- Be an Indian national or citizen between 18 and 30 years old
- Be at least 18 years old on the date you plan to travel to the UK
- Have a qualification at bachelor’s degree level or above (Regulated Qualifications Framework level 6, 7 or 8)
- Have £2,530 in savings to support yourself in the UK
- Do not have any children under the age of 18 who live with you or who you’re financially responsible for
uk youth mobility visa for indian apply online @ gov.uk youth mobility scheme
To Apply for the Young Professional Scheme, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Young Professional Scheme
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Now, click on the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot link
- A new page will open on the screen
- Click on the enter any time while the ballot is open link
- The application form will open on the screen
- Fill in the form with all the required details
- Now, upload all the required documents
- After that, you will be redirected to the payment gateway
- Now, pay the required application fee
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the process
How to apply for Young Professionals Scheme UK from India?
Prepare the documents that you need to apply. Apply for an India Young Professionals Scheme visa. If you’re successful in the ballot you’ll need to apply for your visa by the deadline given in your invitation to apply. This is usually 30 days after you get the invitation.
How to apply for UK youth Mobility visa from India?
You’ll either: have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre – this is to get a biometric residence permit. use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document – you’ll also create or sign into your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account.
When can Indians apply for youth mobility scheme?
People aged 18-30 can avail of this scheme. They can study various courses as long as their visa is valid.