isro yuvika 2023 registration;yuvika registration 2023:Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO will begin the ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2023 today, on March 20, 2023. Interested students can check eligibility, application steps, and other details here. The ISRO YUVIKA 2023 registration which will open today will be closed on April 30, 2023. Interested and eligible candidates will have to get themselves registered on isro.gov.in/YUVIKA. ISRO Young Scientist Programme details can be checked here. The direct link to apply has also been attached.
In an effort to “catch them young” and inspire more pupils to pursue professions in STEM-related fields of study or research, Indian Space Research Agency has designed an educational initiative for children. This programme is run by ISRO to teach younger children the fundamentals of space technology, science, and applications.
What is ISRO YUVIKA programme?
YUVIKA stands for “YUva VIgyani KAryakram,” and the ISRO YUVIKA 2023 programme, also known as the “Young Scientist Program,” is specifically designed for school-age children who are interested in the newest developments in space science and technology
ISRO Young Scientist Programme Registration 2023 Important Dates
|Announcement of Programme||Mar. 15, 2023|
|2||Registration starts||Mar. 20, 2023|
|3||Registration ends||Apr. 30, 2023|
|4||Release of First selection list||Apr. 10, 2023|
|5||Release of Second selection list (due to vacancy/non confirmation in first selection list)||Apr. 20, 2023|
|6||Reporting by Selected students at respective ISRO centres||May 14, 2023 or as intimated by ISRO through registered email of the student.|
|7||YUVIKA Programme||May 15-26, 2023|
|8||Send-off date for selected students from respective centre||May 27, 2023|
ISRO YUVIKA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Students who have completed class VIII and are presently enrolled in class IX are eligible to apply for the ISRO YUVIKA 2023 program. Students in Class 9 in India on January 1, 2023, are qualified to register for the ISRO Young Scientist Programme – YUVIKA 2023. ISRO YUVIKA 2023 is chosen primarily on its educational record. Applicants from rural regions were given special consideration in the selection process. The selected candidate list for ISRO YUVIKA 2023 from each state will be released by the end of March. Every year, three students from each state/union territory will participate in this program, which will encompass CBSE, ICSE, and the state board curriculum.
ISRO YUVIKA 2023 Selection Process
ISRO YUVIKA 2023 Selection Process includes weightage for both academic achievement and activity participation. ISRO seeks participants who excel in both academics and extracurricular interests. Students from rural areas were offered higher priority in the selection process. In a tie among the selected applicants, the younger candidates will be given preference. The parameters or weights assigned to different factors in selecting ISRO YUVIKA 2023 are listed below.
|ISRO YUVIKA 2023 Selection Process|
|Parameters||Weightage in the YUVIKA 2023 selection|
|Total Marks obtained in the class 8th exam||50 %|
|Students’ Performance in the online quiz||10%|
|Participation in the science fair in the last 3 years of school/ district/ state & above the level||2%/5%/10%|
|Students Rank in Olympiad or equivalent competition in the last 3 years (1st to 3rd rank in school/ district/ state & above level)||2%/4%/5%|
|Qualifiers of sports competitions in the last 3 years (Students who secured 1st to 3rd rank in school/ district/ state & above level)||2%/4%/5%|
|Scout and Guides / NCC / NSS Member ( last 3 years)||5%|
|Students who are studying in a Rural or Village School located in the Panchayat area||15%|
ISRO YUVIKA 2023 Benefits
ISRO YUVIKA 2023 program provides students with a number of advantages in terms of education and career possibilities.
- The chance to learn about space exploration and research is one of the biggest advantages of ISRO YUVIKA 2023.
- The program itself is completely free. ISRO will pay for all training materials, lodging, boarding, and so on.
- Students can learn about rocket science, propulsion systems, satellite communication, and other topics through the program.
- Students will also have the opportunity to receive hands-on experience in the field of space research and exploration through this program. This can be extremely useful for students who want to work in the space industry.
- Students can connect with other ISRO professionals involved in the space business through the YUVIKA project.
Also Read-Promobot Company Face Apply Online
LIST OF CENTRES
A minimum participation will be ensured from each State / UT. The programme is planned at seven centres of ISRO viz.
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram
- Satish Dhavan Space Center (SDSC) Sriharikota
- U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru
- Space Applications Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad
- North-Eastern Space Applications Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong.
Also Read-Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana
ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2023: Selection Criteria
Participants will be selected based on the marks obtained by them in their Standard VIII final examination, performance in the online quiz, and participation in science fairs in the last three years, among others.
Candidates who have participated in science fairs at the school, district, or state level and above in the last three years will get a score of two per cent, five per cent, and 10 per cent, respectively, as part of the selection procedure.
Candidates with ranks 1, 2 or 3 in Olympiad or any equivalent competitive examination at school, district, or state level and above, in the last three years, will get a score of two per cent, four per cent, and five per cent, respectively, as part of the selection procedure.
Candidates who have won sports competitions with ranks 1, 2 or 3 at school, district, or state level and above, in the last three years, will get scores of two per cent, four per cent, and five per cent, respectively, as part of the selection procedure.
The marks obtained in the Standard VIII final examination have a weightage of 50 per cent in the selection criteria.
The performance in the online quiz will have a weight of 10 per cent.
Candidates who have been scouts and guides, or a member of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in the last three years will get a score of five per cent as part of the selection procedure.
Students studying in a village or rural school located in the Panchayat area will get a score of 15 per cent as part of the selection procedure.
Also Read-TAF COP Portal gov in
ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2023: How To Apply Online
Registration for the ISRO Young Scientist Programme began on March 20, 2023, and will end on April 3, 2023.
- Interested candidates should register themselves on the ISRO Antriksh Jigyasa Platform by clicking on the following link: jigyasa.iirs.gov.in/registration
- The students must fill all the mandatory fields, which include first name, email address, phone number, country, state, city and school name. They must create a password of at least eight characters, and use a mix of letters, numbers and symbols.
- After filling the mandatory fields, the student must click on ‘Register’.
- After successful registration, the students will receive an email asking them to verify their email address. The students must click on the verification link sent to their registered e-mail address.
- Next, the students must participate in SpaceQuiz. They should read the guidelines carefully before attempting the quiz.
- After completing the quiz, the students must fill their personal profile and education details.
- The students must take photocopies of their certificates and get them signed by their school principal or head, or any parent or guardian for verification. Then, they must scan the verified certificates and upload them on the website.
- Students must also scan their original certificates and upload them on the website.
How to enroll online for Yuvika?
YUVIKA Registration 2023 or ISRO Young Scientist Registration will be started by the Indian Space Research Organisation on its official website, isrro.gov.in.
Who is eligible for Yuvika?
Students must register themselves online at isro.gov.in/YUVIKA as part of the registration process. This process will take place as planned between March 20 and April 30, 2023. Eligibility criteria: Candidates for ISRO YUVIKA 2023 must be Indian students enrolled in Class 9th as of January 1, 2023.
Which class students are eligible for Yuvika?
Students studying in Class 9 as on 1 January 2023 in any school across India are eligible to apply for ISRO YUVIKA 2023. The registration process for the ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2023 is scheduled to begin soon