laxmi bus yojana odisha apply online status|Laxmi Bus Yojana Odisha Apply Online Status Login|Odisha LAccMI Scheme 2023:The Odisha government is set to launch an innovative location accessible multimodal initiative (LAccMI) in the state soon. The new scheme will facilitate assured and affordable transportation for people across the state.LAccMI was one of the 20 new initiatives with a cumulative outlay of Rs 7,202 crore announced by the state government in the 2023-24 budget.
A provision of Rs 100 crore was made for the initiative. The Commerce and Transport department has decided to strategically focus on intra-block and intra-district connectivity initially and further to integrate the same with inter-city bus operations under the new scheme. It would be valid and applicable for at least 10 years.
Laxmi bus yojana odisha
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched the affordable bus service under the Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative (LAccMI) scheme in Malkangiri in addition to launching development projects worth Rs 793 crore in the tribal-dominated Malkangiri district, reiterating his government’s commitment to the development of the state’s remote areas. In accordance with the district’s plan to link all 111 gramme panchayats with the district headquarters and the state capital, Patnaik, who paid a one-day visit to Malkangiri, officially off 36 buses. With a budget of Rs 3,178 crore allotted for the programme, the state government will run at least 1,000 buses in rural areas.
Luxmi bus services would be implemented in six tribally dominant and inaccessible districts—Malkangiri, Koraput, Nabarangpur, Rayagada, Kalahandi, and Gajapati—in the first phase. The buses would run between block and district headquarters as well as between panchayats. Additionally, these buses will travel to Bonda Ghati in the Malkangiri area, which is home to the PVTG (particularly vulnerable tribal group). In order to start the service, Patnaik bought the first ticket for Rs. 10, then took a bus for 2 km from Malkangiri town to MV-03.
Odisha LAccMI Scheme 2023
The Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) has been tasked to prepare a detailed project report to explore various collaborative opportunities and connectivity framework for each gram panchayat.While public transportation in rural parts of the state mostly depend on private bus operators, around 500 buses of OSRTC are being operated in 317 routes, mostly connecting the district headquarters towns. In view of the dynamism of the scheme, OSRTC has been advised to enhance its capability for efficient implementation and monitoring of the scheme, which will be implemented in two phases.
The first phase of operation will start from October 2 on Gandhi Jayanti especially in remote regions having no or less public transport connectivity. It will be gradually extended to all regions by January 2024. In 2014, the state government had launched Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana to provide transport facilities to people in rural Odisha. It will be subsumed under LAccMI for a seamless operation providing fast and last mile connectivity focusing on rural areas.
Objectives of Odisha Luxmi Scheme
Following are the objectives of the scheme.
- LAccMI was one of the 20 new programs that the state government announced in the 2023–24 budget, with a total investment of Rs 7,202 crore.
- For the project, an allocation of Rs 100 crore was established.
- The Commerce and Transport Department has determined that the new program’s strategic focus will first be on intra-block and intra-district connections, with a later goal of integrating those efforts with inter-city bus operations. It would be effective for at least ten years.
Read More-KALIA Yojana List 2023
Features of LAccMI Scheme
- Odisha LAccMI Scheme has been launched by the Government of Odisha to improve the rural transport of the state, in the first phase of this scheme, the focus will be on connectivity at the block and district level by the state government.
- Through this scheme, a mobile bus service will be made available by the state government in each panchayat, so that all the citizens of rural areas can get the facility of transport at their place of residence.
- MO buses will travel between panchayats and blocks before eventually being integrated with intercity bus services.
- Apart from this, this scheme will be implemented in its first phase in Koraput, Gajapati and Kalahandi districts of the state.
- The first phase of this scheme will be launched on October 2 in the rural areas of Odisha state, which have very little access to public transport.
- Services will be provided to all rural areas of the state by January 2024 through the Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative Scheme.
- The duty of making a complete project report has been given to the Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) for the connection architecture of each gram panchayat and several collaboration opportunities.
- Apart from this, one month’s time has been provided by the government to the transport business to complete the project report, under this, as soon as the DPR is completed, after that the other procurement process can be started by the department.
Read More-Mo Ghara Yojana Online Apply
Benefits of Odisha LAccMI Scheme
- Most of the public transport in rural areas of the state is provided by private bus companies, which operate around 500 buses on OSRTC 317 routes. Municipalities acting as district headquarters are extensively connected by these buses.
- For effective implementation and monitoring of LAccMI Scheme 2023, OSRTC has been urged to improve its capacity keeping in view the dynamism of the scheme, the scheme will be implemented by the government in two phases.
- The first phase of the scheme will be launched on October 2, Gandhi Jayanti, especially in the outlying areas of the state with poor or no public transport connectivity.
- It will be gradually expanded to all areas of the state by January 2024. Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana was established by the Odisha state government in 2014 to provide transport services to the residents of rural areas.
- Odisha LAccMI Scheme is being started by the state government for the smooth operation of this scheme, through this scheme, attention will be given to the rural areas of the state, in addition to this quick last-mile connectivity will also be provided.
- This ensures immediate transfer of road accident victims who require trauma care within the “golden hour”.
- Consent has also been accorded by the Government to extend Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) through this scheme for transportation of trauma patients.
LAccMI Scheme Eligibility
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided only to the natives of the state of Odisha.
- The benefits of this scheme will be provided by the state government only to the citizens of the rural areas of the state of Odisha.
Read More-DHE Odisha Laptop Distribution 2023-24
How to Apply under LAccMI Scheme
All the citizens of Odisha state who want to apply under the Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative Scheme, all those citizens will have to wait for some time to apply under this scheme. The state government has just announced to start this scheme, this scheme has not yet been started by the state government.